Newbie from central NJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdnannac

Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Central New Jersey
Hello form Jersey.  Recently got a Masterbuilt XL.  Real nice price to get into smoking.  Tried a few things so far.  Looking to really get my smoker tuned in at 225-230.  Then might attempt a Boston butt.  Cya guys.

Steve

Welcome to the SMF Family from a former Piscataway resident...JJ

Ahh thanks for the welcome guys.  Living in Sayreville now.  Didn't think many people up here knew about good BBQ.  Since I was born in Texas, figured it was in my blood. 

Yeah JJ that nightmare of 287.  Don't know how long since you've been there.  That is a huge rush hour problem.

Hello Steve and 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF - glad you joined in

Ahh thanks for the welcome guys.  Living in Sayreville now.  Didn't think many people up here knew about good BBQ.  Since I was born in Texas, figured it was in my blood. 

Yeah JJ that nightmare of 287.  Don't know how long since you've been there.  That is a huge rush hour problem.

Sayreville! Man there were some out of this world Kielbasa shops in Sayreville, can't remember the name but seem to remember one was on the main drag all the way thru town, toward Parlin, just after a hard bend to the left...Man been 25 years since I have been in Sayreville. As far as 287, I was home last month, that rush hour traffic on the southern end of 287, Metuchen south to 440, has been that way as long as I can remember. Traffic coming south from 78 is not too bad. I don't envy you trying to get around now that Beach season is kicking in...JJ 

Hello Steve and 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF - glad you joined in
Thanks man.  I am too.  Seems to be a bunch in here from Jersey.
 Sayreville! Man there were some out of this world Kielbasa shops in Sayreville, can't remember the name but seem to remember one was on the main drag all the way thru town, toward Parlin, just after a hard bend to the left...Man been 25 years since I have been in Sayreville. As far as 287, I was home last month, that rush hour traffic on the southern end of 287, Metuchen south to 440, has been that way as long as I can remember. Traffic coming south from 78 is not too bad. I don't envy you trying to get around now that Beach season is kicking in...JJ 
I'm not sure about the shops.  Have to ask the wifey, since she grew up in Sayreville.  Figures that 287 has always been that way.  There has been a bunch of construction making it miserable lately.  It probably never get better.

Hey JJ, does Bruno's sound familiar?  My wife's mom said she remembers a great meat type deli called Bruno's.  Could be it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky