1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Newbie fro Arizona

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by Scott L Hanks, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Scott L Hanks

Scott L Hanks Newbie

Hi, my name is Scott. For Christmas I purchased a Camp Chef Smokepro SGX 36 pellet grill. A coworker of mine has had a Traegar for a few years and recommended I join this forum. I'm hoping to learn some tips and tricks on how to use a pellet grill.

I'm married with three grown sons and live in a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona and work in the IT industry.

2. oldsmokerdude

oldsmokerdude Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF! Your friend is right, this is a great place to learn and share. Congratulations on your new smoker! Plenty of pellet smoker users here (myself included) so don't hesitate to ask questions or inquire about problems you're having.

Looking forward to pictures of your first smoke on the new smoker.

3. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome glad to have you on board. Open the forum heading at the top of the page and scroll down it to find all kinds of info on just about anything on smoking.

Warren

4. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the site, happy to have ya join up.

Chris

5. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hi ScottL!
    Welcome to
    [​IMG]

Truth be told, there are a LOT of Pellet burners here, a lot burn pellets in AMNPS trays, or AMNTS tubes.
    As well as the Pellet Poopers like the Treagers and variants like yours.
    The bottom line is, we love smokey taste goodness in our Brontosaurus bones.

6. G-Rod

G-Rod Fire Starter

Hey! A fellow Arizonan! Welcome aboard man. This forum is a great place with great people ready to help. Congrats on your new pellet grill. Let the smokin' begin! :)

7. old sarge

old sarge Master of the Pit OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome Scott!

8. kruizer

kruizer Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota.

9. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Smoking Fanatic

Welcome! Don’t have a pellet grill but lots of camp chef products and you can’t go wrong there! Hope to see some good cooks come out of it.

See the cardinals just got a new coach not sure if you are a fan but good luck!

10. hoity toit

hoity toit Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey there Scott, good to have you on the Forum. Everyone here has information and techniques to share.Don't be shy to ask for help or information, someone will respond I promise. This is a good group Forum of like minded people. Prosit !

HT