• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New!!!

chris dingman

Joined Jul 25, 2016
My name is Chris. I love in Portage, MI USA. Using a 30" masterbuilt electric smoker that I got a few months ago. So far I've done ribs, pork shoulder, chicken and some jerky. Getting ready to try some cheese this evening. I look forward to getting some tips from everyone on here.

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Welcome to SMF Chris!  Never smoked cheese, what temp are you smoking at?  I've seen some cheese disasters shared in this group.  
  The little bit I know is that it needs to be cold smoked, or it will melt and make a huge mess.  Happy smoking.

Mike

chris dingman

Joined Jul 25, 2016
Used an a-maze-n pellet smoker in my masterbuilt. Left the smoker off and had a tray of ice inside to keep it cool. Smoked for 2 and a half hours keeping the temp below 90. This was my first attempt, so I hoped it turns out good.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Hi Chris!

to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Used an a-maze-n pellet smoker in my masterbuilt. Left the smoker off and had a tray of ice inside to keep it cool. Smoked for 2 and a half hours keeping the temp below 90. This was my first attempt, so I hoped it turns out good.
That plan sounds good!  How did it come out?

Mike

chris dingman

Joined Jul 25, 2016
It looks like it turned out good. Got some color on the cheese. Vacuum sealed them, now I need to let it sit in the fridge for a few weeks so the smoke flavor mellows out a bit.

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Cool!  I've never smoked cheese, I didn't know it needed weeks to taste test!  I hope it's amazing!

Mike

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from warm day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.