New Visitors to the Bear’s Den

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bearcarver Bearcarver pictures like this is the very reason my wife and I are wanting out of the subdivision and city. We want to get a patch of land out somewhere so that we can sit on the deck and watch the wildlife. We have a 5 year plan but we are ready to do it now.

Really cool Bear, thanks for sharing!

Thank You Tander!!
Bear

Thats cool to see the pups and mom out playing. I miss the wildlife up in Lehighton. Down here the critters want to sting you, bite you or eat you. :emoji_astonished:

Thank You Rick!!
Gotta admit---Our Critters are more Friendly!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's pretty cool. Our Chickens and Ducks would not be to happy to see a family of Fox hanging around. Of course the Beagle Brothers and Fen, the Pitbull, might have something to say about strangers coming 'round too...JJ

Nice ! We have one red that runs thru here . Good size one too . Most are grey .
Those are some great pics . Thanks .

Thank You Rich!!
Grays are rare around here. I only ever saw 1 Gray Fox, but I've seen plenty of Reds.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Wow, that is something special Bear! Just think, you've got all the fun and entertainment of having puppies, and you don't have to feed or clean up after them! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Those Pups sure are cute little guys.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Awesome pics bear, thanks for sharing! It's cool to be able to watch wildlife, being young and playful just adds to it!

Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
My Birds & Chipmunks just gotta keep alert !!! LOL
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

funny you posted this bear, on my home from work today about a 1/2 mile from my house there was a state trooper in the middle of the road shooting into the woods when he was done shooting I asked him what he was shooting at he said a probable rabid fox he got a call on was acting funny and not afraid. he said he thinks he got it but I didn't hang around to find out. I have my rifle loaded just in case.

LOL---So now there may be a "Wounded Rabid Fox" running around?!?!
Nice Job Trooper!!

Bear

Very cool indeed,

Thank You Norm!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Love Those Pics, Nothing like watching little (and Big) critters come out of the woods

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
These were fun!!
We saw them a couple times a day for weeks!!
A Nice Change from the usual Deer & Turkeys.

Bear

Those are amazing!! I bet they are a true joy to watch!! Love all the pics but especially the one where the one pup just pooped out and plopped over LOL.

Thank You!!
Yup---That's my favorite too---And I was watching when he plopped over.
Just like a Pup, when you tell him to "Play Dead".
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I love the pictures but I also know the damage that they can do, I'd watch them for a few days then run them off as well.

Reactions: SlickRockStones
Great pics John. Sure nice to have a whole family of critters living near your house. My guess is Papa Fox is spending a lot of time hunting.
I've never seen one single fox in the 13 years we've been living up here in the bush. Lots of cougars and wolves, but no foxes.
Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Pretty many Red Foxes in PA.

Bear

Won’t the foxes run off all the other wildlife? They’re known to to be very sly killers and become a nuisance. The older foxes could be brothers or sisters just babysitting while the parents are busy making more puppies. Sorry to spoil everyone’s Marlin Perkins moment but I’d run them off.

I've lived in Penn's woods all of my life, and have enjoyed watching, Hunting, and Trapping, and Eating her Wildlife. We're glad this Fox family has decided to dwell here for at least a short while, and we know they'll be splitting up in a few months to each have their own area to roam.
We may lose a few rabbits & Hopefully some Skunks & Mice, and maybe even a cat or two that people wrongfully allow to run around all day & night. We just saw one of the adult Foxes today, which was the first we saw of them for more than a week, but if they cause a problem, which I doubt, We can always either shoot or trap them.
I have more trouble with mice here than I could possibly have with Foxes.
Mice can't get into my house, because I personally sealed it up, but they are in my Garage & my front porch, wrecking things in both of those places (Car & Generator).
I guess it's all just Mother Nature doing what she does, and if people can't handle it they shouldn't be living out in the Boonies.

Bear

Last edited:
Bearcarver Bearcarver pictures like this is the very reason my wife and I are wanting out of the subdivision and city. We want to get a patch of land out somewhere so that we can sit on the deck and watch the wildlife. We have a 5 year plan but we are ready to do it now.

Thank You JL !!
We lived in Town for 3 years, and I didn't like it one bit !!
So peaceful here, a train going through Macungie, 4 miles away wakes Me up!!

Bear

Reactions: JLeonard
That's pretty cool. Our Chickens and Ducks would not be to happy to see a family of Fox hanging around. Of course the Beagle Brothers and Fen, the Pitbull, might have something to say about strangers coming 'round too...JJ

Thank You Jimmy!!
LOL---Yup--Chickens & Ducks would not like these guys at all !!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky