New Traeger owner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twocents

Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2018
Hello all. I have grilled, smoked, on and off for years. Weber 22 with a 'Smokenator', now have a Traeger pro 22. Getting a little lazy. Used it twice, made America's test kitchen chicken fra diavolo (old style recipe) and a couple of porterhouse steaks according to their recipe in the cookbook that came with the grill. Both were delicious! Supposed ro use smoke setting for 30 minutes. I'd swapped out pellets and I think I made a mistake by vacuuming out the auger and the fire almost went out. My bad! But it is a learning curve. I am glad to be alive to still learn and to be here to enjoy and share. Just wish I was 29 again. Or, like Jack Benny, 39 going on 40.

two cents

Welcome, glad you joined!
Congratulations on your new toy!!
Looking forward to seeing some of your smokes.

Awesome. I think you'll love it and like all smokers, they get better as they get more seasoned, I think. I have the 22 and the Traeger XL. I love them. Congrats!

Welcome to SMF! I wouldnt recommend cleaning out the auger while there is some burning in the fire pot. Just dump the new pellets in and the old one will burn out in a short time.

Welcome to SMF!
Don't we all wish we were 29 again!!
Hell I wish I was 59 again!!
That is when I retired!
Al

Welcome to SMF! I wouldnt recommend cleaning out the auger while there is some burning in the fire pot. Just dump the new pellets in and the old one will burn out in a short time.
I wouldn't do that until it's cool. I had used it wednesday and it was quite cool. Thanks..

two cents ¢¢

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky