New toy on the way! My wife is pretty cool...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

K9BIGDOG

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 7, 2017
New York
I've been wanting to replace my big Landmann gasser for a while now. I'm really loving my Camp Chef Smoke Pro and I had decided a while ago that I really like the ease and convenience of wood pellets. So I've had my eye on the Camp Chef XXL for the better part of a year. The other day on a whim I sent the wife a link to the Amazon listing for the XXL with a cover and asked about a combo Fathers Day/Anniversary gift. When she asked me about it I laid on the sad puppy dog eyes to help seal the deal :emoji_laughing:. I also promised I would get rid of the Landmann, either selling it or gifting it to either the American Legion Post, or maybe to my son in law if he wants it. Sunday I went outside and was going to clean up the gasser and wouldn't you know it, it looks like the regulator is DOA. I came in and told my wife that the smoker needs work and she was like "Why are you looking to fix it if you're getting a new one"? At that point I didn't know I had final approval for the XXL, but apparently it's a done deal!! I am going to replace the regulator and get her working right. I had put some money into some upgrades and mods to the GOSM so I'd like to see it working right again and not just toss it in the trash. The deal on Amazon was for the XXL and a cover for the same price most places are selling just the smoke without the cover. I think Amazon is sourcing it through OutdoorCooking.com
Expected delivery on the 28th and very stoked!!

Sounds like you're getting a nice smoker and already have a great wife!

Ryan

Very Nice! Supportive wife is a good member of the team.

I ordered a Masterbuilt pellet pooper from Sam's in March.
Wife already approved the purchase.
After it arrived, I got the same thing I preach to her, "what does it replace that goes away?"
Brinkmann.jpg

I kicked my POS Brinkmann to the curb. This was a gamble that someone would adopt it. Spring pickup by the city was canceled so there wasn't the curb cruisers looking for bargains. It did go to a good home thanks to a friend that knew someone looking for a charcoal grill.

Attachments

• Brinkmann.jpg
    Brinkmann.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 8
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky