New to this

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wayerfowl lvr

Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
Buckeye country
Hey have questions. Bought my 1st smoker, just for jerkey! Oven was getting tired lol. So I bought a cheap unit to see if I liked it. No directions at all? It's a master built 30in...questions are- what is water pan for? How much water do I put in it? When do I put it in? What temp and how long. 5lbs of goose breast in jerkey slices. And yes I did find the part about seasoning the smoker first. Thanks for any reply's . Not so happy with not getting info from supplier

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a cool, cloudy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of                great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

I can't speak to your specific smoker, but I just made some jerky in my smoker this week and it turned out excellent. I used no water pan, just kept the temp at a max of 170, meat was done in about 6 hours for me. Water pan would seem to defeat the purpose, however is their another plate between the meat and the burner? If not, you may need to leave the pan in there with no water in it. I wouldn't want direct heat on my meat while trying to dry it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky