New to the forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

baldsmoker

Original poster
Nov 13, 2013
Southern Indiana
Hello all. I am new to the forum. Hoping to get some good recipes and ideas.

I am a 36 year old married father of 6. I am an engineer and work too much. As my username implies, I am bald, have shade my head for many years.

Welcome, Baldsmoker!  I'm almost, but not all the way!  Mine's either turning gray, or turning loose! lol.  I'm pretty new here, too, but you'll like what's happening here!  Good people, good info.  Share a little background on your equipment and experience, if you'd like!  Kind of gives us all a point of reference.

Welcome to the forums!  You'll find that this is a great place to learn and share ideas on grilling, smoking , curing, etc.  Folks here genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask anytime you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Well, I have a 40" MES. Not the one with the window. I love it. I have used it a few times and have great response on the meat that comes out. I have done pork chops, burgers, boston butt, spare ribs, and am going to do a turkey breast for Thanksgiving. I have a friend that got me going with it (trying to get him into this forum). He has a green egg I think. We share recipes and such between us, and I thought this would be a good way to get some ideas and learn some new things. I love to cook, especially grilling, and that is what got me into smoking. I have only used hickory and mesquite smoke chips to date. Gonna try apple for the turkey next week.

Welcome!  You will find more information here than you can possibly have time to read!  Lot's of wonderful friendly folks to help with your questions.

Welcome from Canada.

canada-flag-68.gif

Congratulations on having six children and my sympathy on working too much. I retired last year and worked too much before that.

You will love smoking, it is relaxing and a great thing to do with your family. 

I started smoking when I retired and I got so much help from this forum and the great members. I think you will like it here.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky