New to the Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pasmoke

Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Allentown, PA
Just wanted introduce myself. My name is Todd. Live in eastern PA near Allentown, been here for 2 years. Prior to that grew up in West Michigan and spent a couple years in early 2000 in TX about an hour north of Dallas.

I started the smoking experience when I lived next door to a diehard smoker from Arkansas about 5 years ago in SW Michigan. I started with an ECB and made most of the mods after becoming very frustrated with it. Currently using a Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain Edition vertical propane from Bass Pro shop. Last week I picked up a rusty, free, old style Brinkmann Pitmaster Deluxe. It has the heavier gauge steel that is not on the current similar models you find at HD. So far I have scraped, sanded and hit it with 3 coats of Rustoleum Ultra High Heat Grill paint. Removed the weathered wood plank shelf and cleaned the interior. It had been sitting uncovered and unused for the last 5 years in a friend's back yard. My friend grew up in Memphis and gave it to me after she had several dinners of pulled pork and ribs at my house that brought her back to her youth in Memphis. She thought I could use it more than she had been. I also have a Weber Genesis Silver propane grill for my everyday usage.

To date I have smoked spares, baby backs, shoulders, hams, turkeys, beef shorts and back ribs, 1 brisket. This year I have also gotten into boils, ie full crawfish boils, clams and mussels with my new 60qt King Kooker Pot Steamer. I have used Jeff's rub and sauce recipes and a few others my friend from Arkansas helped me with.

I hunt, fish, snowmobile, ski, camp and anything else outdoors I can do with my family. Also butcher and package all my own kills.

I would love to make modifications to my newly acquired Brinkmann Pitmaster. So far I have only inserted rolled metal flashing into the stove pipe end to extend it down. I have no skills to make any mods myself and being kind of new to the area do not know where or how have some things fabricated. Would love to be able to just buy the mods I need for the Pitmaster. If anyone know a way to do them if you have no fabricating skills or building know-how I would to hear.

I hope I introduced myself well enough. I am very open to any advice or helpful hints as I feel I am just staring out and no information is beneath me!

Todd

Hi Todd! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! There are a lot of great people here who just love to share! You have come to the right place! Lot's of people here have done all kinds of mods to all kinds of smokers so I'm sure you will get some help with your Brinkman.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky