New to the forum in Middle TN

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

top shot bbq

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Murfreesboro Tennessee
hello everyone, I'm Jason living in Murfreesboro TN. I own a small custom fabrication shop and we pretty much only build custom smokers and fire pits. We are hoping to have our BBQ team up and running for next year to help promote our smokers but also have a little fun. Happy to help with any questions regarding building smokers. At this time we will not be advertising on the forum but hope to soon as we move into a larger shop.

Currently I am without a cooker..lol seems like every time I get one built for my self and use it a few times I end up selling it. Working on an insulated upright and rotisserie for my self and my buddy I cook with. which i don't plan on selling :)  There is always room to improve  learn more and gain experience, anyways hope to meet some new people and friends.

Welcome to the SMF Family. There are always guys looking to build their own smoker, I am sure your help will be greatly appreciated. Please add your location to your profile. It will help us answer your questions in the future...JJ

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hello Jason...Welcome aboard!  Glad you've joined our group.  This is the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking and grilling, as well as building smokers.  You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another, so you'll fit right in!  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Hi Jason,

welcome1.gif
 to the SMF, the best BBQ site on the web.  Whatever you need to know about the fine art of BBQ you can find it right here, from recipes to technical knowledge.

One thing you need to know about us is that we like to see pictures of your creations and your gear.  We call it Q-View and its basically the 
Rules.gif
!!!

So, don't just talk about your food, show it!  Otherwise you may get a gentle reminder, like this...

worthless.gif
  or this...
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Good Luck and Get Smokin'

Bill

That's a good looking rig, great job.  E.T. Smokers uses hatchets for their handles too

Gary

I am new to the Forum as well as well and i have a question. Where can i get 20 " + diameter cylinders? yours in the photo looks like a previous Propane cylinder  any input will be greatly appreciated Thanks,  northern MD

I am new to the Forum as well as well and i have a question. Where can i get 20 " + diameter cylinders? yours in the photo looks like a previous Propane cylinder  any input will be greatly appreciated Thanks,  northern MD
Welcome !! seems to be a lot of great folks hear willing to help on just about any Q subject. I am very impressed, there does not seem all the territorial quick to bash Bull S*#@ there is on other Q forums.

Your bigger tanks will be 30"+ across, depends on what size smoker you are looking to build? A source for smaller tanks can come from hot water heaters the steel these tanks are made from is considerably stronger than mild steel because they are at the end of the day a pressure vessel. Larger air compressor tanks are ok to neither of these will be overly thick but would make for a suitable patio unit. they will be twice as think if not more than a big box store unit. Hope that helps 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky