New to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alex74

Original poster
Nov 11, 2016
Hi everyone.  My name is Alex, I live in Virginia and am just beginning my adventure in meat smoking.  My wife, 2 dogs and I live on the beautiful  Kerr Lake in Clarksville, VA.  I bought an inexpensive offset smoker to begin with.  I am going to smoke a tri-tip for the first time tomorrow.  About 10 years ago my son wanted to make jerky, using his late Uncles famous (among our family) recipe. He was 16 at the time and we bought him a Little Chief electric smoker.  The recipe was out of the book that comes with the smoker and we obtained a copy of his "tweaks" on the original page in his handwriting.  Red wine and bourbon were added and knowing Uncle Warren he wasn't shy about the amounts. We always enjoyed his jerky and I hope to make some soon as well.  I enjoy all kinds of meat and hope to smoke some fish I catch from this wonderful lake I live on.  I have never posted on any type of forum before in my life but love what I've seen here.  I look forward to learning from all of the experience on this site.   

Welcome to the forum Alex. Somewhat of a newbie myself....have been cooking for years but decided to get serious about it. Many wonderful folks here and knowledge in abundance on just about every BBQ subject you can imagine. Jump in with both feet, gastronomic delight awaits you.....Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky