New to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txbentleyboy

Original poster
Jul 23, 2016
Got the itch last weekend to get a smoker to do ribs at home. Found a "15 a 20 Year old " New Braunfels offset firebox for sale by a neighbor for $25 delivered. Went to,look at it and frankly, all it needed was a good brush up. Painted the outside of both boxes with Rustoelum HiHeat flat black and the undercarriage with rust reformer.

Made new door puls and had to replace the thermometer. Fashioned a heat baffle from a aluminum cookie sheet and am doing my inaugural smoke today. Learned a lot from your site this week and see this as an impossible to master sport that has it's rewards.

I look forward to learning more from forum members.

TxB

Hello and  
welcome1.gif
  to you.

Sounds to me like you got a wicked good deal on that smoker.

I'll bet you're going to love that thing.

Remember pictures are good things.

Have fun.

Ed

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky