• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New to smoking

txbentleyboy

Joined Jul 23, 2016
Got the itch last weekend to get a smoker to do ribs at home. Found a "15 a 20 Year old " New Braunfels offset firebox for sale by a neighbor for $25 delivered. Went to,look at it and frankly, all it needed was a good brush up. Painted the outside of both boxes with Rustoelum HiHeat flat black and the undercarriage with rust reformer.

Made new door puls and had to replace the thermometer. Fashioned a heat baffle from a aluminum cookie sheet and am doing my inaugural smoke today. Learned a lot from your site this week and see this as an impossible to master sport that has it's rewards.

I look forward to learning more from forum members.

TxB

gearjammer

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2015
Hello and  
  to you.

Sounds to me like you got a wicked good deal on that smoker.

I'll bet you're going to love that thing.

Remember pictures are good things.

Have fun.

Ed

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Nice rig and an awesome price!  Welcome to the forum! B

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome aboard!

Congrats on the smoker, great score!

Al

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.