• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

new to smoking

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
welcome to SMF. Check out the free E-course offered. Ask questions along the way & don't forget the QVIEW!!

fife

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 14, 2011
Good to have ya here. Do a search for the 3-2-1 method in the search bar. I too am new to smoking and I gave this a try and it is very easy to do and very good grub.Good luck

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Yep, First time the 3-2-1 is the best option to insure good ribs. 3-2-1 for spares, 2-2-1 for BB's.

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 31, 2010
Welcome to SMF its nice to have ya.. Have fun and Happy smoking

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Welcome to SMF - like the others said use the 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 and you will be fine

ravanelli

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 3, 2011
I'm new as well, ribs are good to start with.  I definitely was helped by the e-course and Jeff's killer recipes.  The key is to have fun and don't panic if things don't always go as planned!

callahan4life

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 20, 2011
 to SMF Scuba Steve! I'm glad you joined us.
 You will find this a great place for increasing your BBQ knowledge
, from a bunch of great people. Have fun and Happy Smoking.      

helljack6

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 15, 2008
Look for my rib primer, it throws 3-2-1 method out the window as you're just starting off. As I have said in prior posts, the 3-2-1 produces ribs how OTHER people like eating them and not necessarily how YOU like eating them. My rib primer provides a rib baseline for EVERYONE to establish and build off of so you can in fact, create the ribs the way YOU like them, which may not happen with one method or another.

scuba steve

Joined Mar 31, 2011
Thanks again for the tips, ribs came out great. Big hit with crew and kept getting comments from the neighbors on the great smell from the deck! Going for the Brisket this weekend.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Don't forget the Q-view next time. This is what we say around here:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.