new to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good to have ya here. Do a search for the 3-2-1 method in the search bar. I too am new to smoking and I gave this a try and it is very easy to do and very good grub.Good luck
welcome1.gif

Yep, First time the 3-2-1 is the best option to insure good ribs. 3-2-1 for spares, 2-2-1 for BB's.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF - like the others said use the 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 and you will be fine

I'm new as well, ribs are good to start with.  I definitely was helped by the e-course and Jeff's killer recipes.  The key is to have fun and don't panic if things don't always go as planned!

welcome1.gif
 to SMF Scuba Steve! I'm glad you joined us.
yahoo.gif
 You will find this a great place for increasing your BBQ knowledge
grilling_smilie.gif
, from a bunch of great people. Have fun and Happy Smoking.      
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

Look for my rib primer, it throws 3-2-1 method out the window as you're just starting off. As I have said in prior posts, the 3-2-1 produces ribs how OTHER people like eating them and not necessarily how YOU like eating them. My rib primer provides a rib baseline for EVERYONE to establish and build off of so you can in fact, create the ribs the way YOU like them, which may not happen with one method or another.

Thanks again for the tips, ribs came out great. Big hit with crew and kept getting comments from the neighbors on the great smell from the deck! Going for the Brisket this weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky