New to Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

desertratbc

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Hello my name is Calvin and I'm new to the forum and new to smoking.  I made a jalapeno and cheese summer sausage out of venision.  It came out too moist, I just wondered if I could resmoke it or if it will ruin the sausage.  Looking forward to responses and new smoking tips.

We would need a lot more info before we could answer that question but basically once you smoke it and referigerate it you are done. You can adjust it some when you cook or reheat it but from everything I have read you really cant resmoke with any real success

Scarbelly has it right.  A slow reheat might dry things out a bit.  Give us the specs on your rig and your temps, etc. & we can be more helpful.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to the site Calvin, can't say that I know much about the resmoke deal but I am sure the others will get ya on track soon.

Hello my name is Calvin and I'm new to the forum and new to smoking.  I made a jalapeno and cheese summer sausage out of venision.  It came out too moist, I just wondered if I could resmoke it or if it will ruin the sausage.  Looking forward to responses and new smoking tips.
Try slicing that baby thin (1/4" or 3/8"), and flip it around in a frying pan until it bubbles a bit.

That'll flavor that stuff up----You'll see!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky