• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New to Smoking

desertratbc

Joined Dec 7, 2010
Hello my name is Calvin and I'm new to the forum and new to smoking.  I made a jalapeno and cheese summer sausage out of venision.  It came out too moist, I just wondered if I could resmoke it or if it will ruin the sausage.  Looking forward to responses and new smoking tips.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
We would need a lot more info before we could answer that question but basically once you smoke it and referigerate it you are done. You can adjust it some when you cook or reheat it but from everything I have read you really cant resmoke with any real success

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
Scarbelly has it right.  A slow reheat might dry things out a bit.  Give us the specs on your rig and your temps, etc. & we can be more helpful.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Welcome Calvin! Be sure to check out the e-course offered here & you'll be off to a good start!

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Welcome to the site Calvin, can't say that I know much about the resmoke deal but I am sure the others will get ya on track soon.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Hello my name is Calvin and I'm new to the forum and new to smoking.  I made a jalapeno and cheese summer sausage out of venision.  It came out too moist, I just wondered if I could resmoke it or if it will ruin the sausage.  Looking forward to responses and new smoking tips.
Try slicing that baby thin (1/4" or 3/8"), and flip it around in a frying pan until it bubbles a bit.

That'll flavor that stuff up----You'll see!

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.