New to Smoking, and could use some help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bourbon and Meat

Original poster
Jun 17, 2022
I recently purchased a small electric smoker and am attempting to smoke a 2lb brisket. I am a complete rookie and the meat came pre-seasoned from Aldi. I am curious to an estimate of how long/temperature I should aim for? I have all day tomorrow but didn't know if this is something I can do tonight.

Reactions: JLeonard
I recently purchased a small electric smoker and am attempting to smoke a 2lb brisket. I am a complete rookie and the meat came pre-seasoned from Aldi. I am curious to an estimate of how long/temperature I should aim for? I have all day tomorrow but didn't know if this is something I can do tonight.

Is it a flat or a point?
If it is a small flat, then it is probably best to place it in an aluminum pan with beef stock and onion slices.

As for times, a general guideline is 1.5 to 2 hours per pound at 225° F.
At 250° F, then figure 1 to 1.5 hours per pound.
This is just a general guideline.

Personally, I would use either a meat skewer or even the probe of an instant read thermometer to check for tenderness in several places.
The brisket is done when you feel no resistance when probing.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
I've done a few of those Aldi pre-seasoned brisket flats. Take to 150~160° on the grate, and finish it in a covered foil pan with some liquid (beef stock, beer, etc) and pull it when it probes tender. It will come out great. I generally run the smoker at 275° for the first part of the cook, but you could go to 300 or a little above, once foiled.

Last edited:
Good advice right here. I've also looked at those small briskets at Aldi's. let us know how it turns out.
Jim

Sounds like the fellas have you covered. Take some photo’s & let us know how it turns out. This may help you.
Al

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Turned out great. Kids actually ate it without sauce. Ended up smoking it for about 9.5 hours at 225F and putting it in foil after 4.

Attachments

• 20220618_194616.jpg
    20220618_194616.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 11
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky