new to SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fire phil

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 10, 2016
NW Alabama
I am looking for input on building a smoker. I am from north Alabama and we are known for our pulled pork around here. I have been smoking pull pork and chicken on a bullite 2 layer smoker bullet smoker. I have smoked on big tank smokers some. I am looking to build a tank smoker on a trailer.I have been looking around on the Inernet for info on building smokers and I have seen a lot of good things from this group. This smoker will be for family and fund raiser's. Would also like to lean to smoke fish and other things.

Hi Phil!

welcome1.gif

to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

Hi Phil, 
welcome1.gif
  to you.

You're looking for information?

Well you came to the right place, huge amounts of great

knowledge here and good people willing to share.

Pictures are good things.

Have fun.

Ed

Thanks, My full name is Phillip I just used Phil for this forum. The fire part of my forum name is because I am a Volenter FF. I am in the planning stage of my build. I have the tank and trailer. Just want to learn and plan as much as I can befor I start cutting. I have been reading a lot about calculating for the FB/CC. I am just wanting to build the best smoker I can the first time. I tack a lot of pride in my cooking for me and a group. Will try to learn how to post pictures to share about my build.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky