New Styles and Color Options (Layouts) for SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
my reply box is very tiny and my screen won't let me move in the side like bearcarver is suggesting to make the replys and the box bigger. this is on my desktop computer
Try getting off of "full screen" first. Mine won't allow it either, if I'm at "Full Screen".

Bear

Still the same for me .

The what's new page is full width .
The home page and the thread pages are narrow . I guess because they have the boxes on the side .

That explains a lot! I logged on the other day and everything was orange. I couldn't see anything with my eyesight. The next time I came on it was black again with a few changes.
I'm no stranger to SMF changing platforms and formats or whatever,(I'm no techie) so I just rolled with it. Thanks for the info on how to change it.
Great job with the site Jeff, Jerry, Brian and the others that keep it clean, up to date, and on topic.

My home page looks like this ,
1664977492842.jpeg

Page from a thread
1664977471177.jpeg

My home page looks like this ,
View attachment 645209
Page from a thread
View attachment 645208
What happens if you scroll to the bottom and click on "Change Width"?

Also, have you tried clicking on "SMF (old theme) and changing to UI.X Brown or UI.X Orange?

I have a guy who is going to be looking at our database and code and figure out what is causing some of these problems but he is not available for a couple of weeks.. hopefully he can figure out what is going on here.

For the record, I cannot duplicate what you are seeing. I am on a Mac and it shows fine on Safari and Chrome on my end. Thanks for the pictures.. that really helps.

I haven't experienced the short page issues, but I keeping getting one alert that won't go away no matter how many times I read the post or mark it read. It goes away for a short time then magically reappears as unread.

Chris.

Just did , That changed the width a bit under the old theme .
Also, have you tried clicking on "SMF (old theme) and changing to UI.X Brown or UI.X Orange?
Reset to default brown .
Home page .
1664979762853.jpeg
Thread page
1664979705006.jpeg
So that's way better . I'll just have to get used to it .

Just for FYI , here's the what's new page from the Old theme. No issues .
1664979679279.jpeg
Now the forums page with the Old theme . Forum titles are vertical .
1664979859331.jpeg
Thanks for looking at it . At least I can read it now .

Reactions: indaswamp
chopsaw chopsaw I just made a small change in the backend.. can you see if it's still screwed up on SMF (Old Theme)? I also have one more thing I wanna try but figured I'd do them one at a time so if it works, we'll know why.

I appreciate yours and everyone's help in solving this!

TulsaJeff TulsaJeff
Some more FYI ,
Pics are from a laptop . Screen resolution is 1366 x 768 .

Just went and tried on a desk top .
Screen resolution 1600 x 900 .
It was fine on the old theme .

The width change is minor, but it does change.
chopsaw chopsaw I just made a small change in the backend.. can you see if it's still screwed up on SMF (Old Theme)? I also have one more thing I wanna try but figured I'd do them one at a time so if it works, we'll know why.

I appreciate yours and everyone's help in solving this!
So here is what is different from before... I use to be able to hit CTRL + and this would magnify both the boxes and the type...basically the entire page. I could magnifiy until just the reply boxes filled the screen. Now when I do this, just the type is enlarged, not the boxes. In order to not have the page look like what chopsaw has posted, I have to hit CTRL- and reduce the page....then the type is so small I can barely read it.......hope this helps.

I'd like to be able to magnifiy the entire page and just have the boxes on the right exit right off my screen. I don't need to see that everytime I log in and prefer to just ignore it and fill the dead white space with the message boxes so I can read it in large type.

The width change is minor, but it does change.

So here is what is different from before... I use to be able to hit CTRL + and this would magnify both the boxes and the type...basically the entire page. I could magnifiy until just the reply boxes filled the screen. Now when I do this, just the type is enlarged, not the boxes. In order to not have the page look like what chopsaw has posted, I have to hit CTRL- and reduce the page....then the type is so small I can barely read it.......hope this helps.

I'd like to be able to magnifiy the entire page and just have the boxes on the right exit right off my screen. I don't need to see that everytime I log in and prefer to just ignore it and fill the dead white space with the message boxes so I can read it in large type.

Not that it matters, but hitting "CTRL + " on my "MacBook Air" doesn't seem to do anything.

I got no problems, other than I can't find the "New Posts" list.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky