New Smoker!!!! ;-)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tell you what bbq

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
NEW YORK
Just seasoned my new Chargriller SP with SFB! 180 bucks at LOWES. 120- for 'grill' and 59$ fpr SFB. PLUS...MUCH to the chagrin of my wife...$20- for smoker cover... a 'digital' meat guage <---a FIRST for me...wood (hickor-a)chunk... #lbs of cowboy coal...and a section of 4' dryer duct for the 'stack'...@240- beans....OUCH...I better give my wife some TASTY BUTT!!!!

Whew...all of this excitement caused me to consume about 11 cans of RED, WHITE and BLUE to alleviate the anxiety!

Seasoning done..."Nothing left to do but SMOKE, SMOKE, SMOKE" (bastardized lyrics of Grateful Dead's 'He's Gone')

I am eager to compare CHARGRILL. to my BOX GOSM....which is like an old friend!!!

Welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here. May I pour you a cup of decaff?
icon_smile.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Looks like you're ready like Freddy to smoke. We might have refills on decaff.

That is on my birthday or xmas list we will see if the wife is going to come accross for me .I told her if I dont get one by xmas I will buy it my self.
Just have to wait and see.
Good luck and Good smoking
Redbrinkman1955
icon_biggrin.gif

welcome to smf. lots of those owners here- btw- just from what i hear- that cover will be confetti in about a week. world of difference pit tending to that box gas thing- but it gets ya outta the house. once again - welcome to the fold.

i was looking at those the other day. Very nice. I think I would be just as excited! Have a good smoke!

Welcome to SMF! Good luck with your new toy, I have the CG also, all modified and pimped out... I love it!

Have fun!

Welcome to "THE" best forum on the net and hope you enjoy all your time here and all the time outdoors with your new smoker. I too have been looking at those and i'm almost hooked. Great group of folks here, and i am so happy to have found this place. And again welcome.

Do they still make that stuff!!?? My dad used to drink that, in my late teen years we used to "acquire" a few from the fridge now and then...

BTW Welcome aboard!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky