New Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcsmoke523

Original poster
Dec 31, 2016
Arkansas
New member, first post, pre first (meat) smoke!
Hello SMF members.

Well, decided to buy myself a smoker for Christmas this year (MES 30") and can't wait to get started!
I'm from Arkansas and love my pork (Go Hawgs!)

Look forward to learning a lot about smoking and hopefully creating some really good meats/eats.

I've already pre-seasoned my smoker so I'm ready to smoke some meat (can't wait)!
Any suggestions on a first smoke would be appreciated though I'm sure anything would be good.

My first concern came with my pre-season and I'm wondering if anyone else has ever encountered a similar issue or has a suggestion as to the cause.
During the pre-seasoning of my MES 30", the latched door actually popped open from the amount of heat/pressure and the chips flared up.
No problem with the smoker and the chip flames went out when I opened the door.
I just latched the door back and finished the pre-season session.

Thanks,
McSmoke523

Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

Make sure that the top vent in your smoker is open all the way when you are smoking.

Al

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a rainy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people          with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky