1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Smoker Steal.

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by bmudd14474, Oct 13, 2018.

1. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

So I used brickseek to find a deal on a new pellet pooper. Went to Walmart to get the PitBoss Austin XL that is normally $547.
    Austin.png
    They had it for $200 but when I got there they were out. A different Walmart had it for $300 so we went there. There I found several of them new in the box for $300. I decided to look around and I found this
    pitboss.png
    It was marked down to $275. It had a few scratches on it so I asked if they could mark it down anymore. The guy I talked to went to the manager and came back saying lets go ring you up. I was like how much? He said $100. I couldn't get the credit card out of my wallet fast enough.

Got it running now doing the burn in process.

Still can't believe the deal I got.

And if anyone wants the Austin XL in the Reno NV area the Walmart on W 7th St has several of them for $300.

I may go back and see if I can get them to mark the Austin down to $100 as well.

Happy smoking.

2. jcam222

jcam222 Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Gotta love a deal. Congrats!

3. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Nice score. Enjoy it.

Chris

4. SmokinLogs

SmokinLogs Smoking Fanatic

Wow, awesome deals to be had!

5. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I need to replace my MES. Jeff personally gave the Pitboss 700 a glowing review in a PM. I'm leaning pretty hard in that direction and will be looking forward to a follow-up review from you, Brian. Best of luck and congrats on a great find...JJ

6. pc farmer

pc farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Sweet deal Brian.

7. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Wow. Great buy Brian.
    Gary

8. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I guess you were in the right place at the right time!!
    Al