New Smoker, need something new to smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emsee381

Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
I am picking up my new smoker today, the MasterBuilt Extra Wide from Bass Pro Shop. I have been using a Char-Grill SFB for the last 5 years, and I think it performed it's last smoke over Thanksgiving. The metal has warped so bad in the firebox that the tray no longer closes properly it burns through fuel faster than a jackrabbit on a date. So, I decided to make the move to a propane smoker. And, for the price, the MasterBuilt seemed to be a good deal.

Anyways, new smoker means new things to smoke. I am planning on trying some cold smoking (Never done it before). Figure with the cold temps, I should easily be able to the temps low enough to smoke. So, I was thinking about trying some cheeses. I am also planning on trying to do some bacon within the next couple weeks. I almost feel like I have smoked everything. Ribs, Shoulder, Brisket, Fatties, chicken, turkey, ham, meatloaf, venison, elk, buffalo...hell, I have even tried to make jerky out of alligator (not a good idea). I want to try sausage sometime but I don't have a meat grinder. Anybody have any ideas for something new?

Quite the list of meats!  I don't see any veggies like jalapenos or jalapeno poppers!  You could also try smoking nuts, spices or cheese.

I'm sure you'll get some creative ideas from this group.

Good smokin... 

Smoked hard boiled eggs make great deviled eggs, and egg salad! There's some good lox and Gravlox recipes here too if you have access to good wild salmon.

I have done Dino eggs before. Delicious but deadly. Hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage, wrapped in bacon. Smoke, cut in half and then make deviled eggs out of the egg in the middle. 

The other things were cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon.

I do salmon whenever I can, but here in Cincinnati, it is hard to get good fresh fish.

Never thought about smoking nuts. That sounds interesting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky