New Smoker from Wisconsin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

josht

Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Just received a CHar Broil Electric Smoker for Christmas.  Never done this before but am looking at doing a rump roast tomorrow and then a lamb shoulder for New Years Eve.

Welcome to the forum!  I see your jumping in the deep end right off the bat!  I have never smoked a rump or lamb, but info may be available on the site.  Best of luck, and good to have you with us.

Mike

Welcome.

I have smoked several rumps before,  I usually foil these at at about 140-150' because they are so lean, to me it keeps them a little moister, especially in the winter when the humidity is lower. 

If you have not tried it, use that "Search" function in the top right corner, most every thing you might want to know from the masters will come up.

Glad you are here, post some pictures as you go.

Welcome Josh
I live up in the north west part of the state. What are your plans for the shoulder sliced or pulled and is it boneless or not?
Good luck
PABEEF

Right now I am looking at doing a boneless shoulder.  Need to work a little bit today at the office and then am heading over to the butcher shop this afternoon to see what my options are.

Thanks

Josh

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky