1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

NEW smoker from illinois

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by jeff bernaeyge, Aug 10, 2018 at 11:09 AM.

1. hello I'm a new smoker from pingree grove Illinois. I just got my dyna glo vertical smoker yesterday. ready for this journey

2. Welcome, Jeff. Journey is a great word to use for the long-lived "hobby" you are about to undertake. You can make it as simple or complex as you like. Learn just a few good "recipes" or get into very small technical details; it's up to you. Whichever route you choose, there are many here with significant knowledge and eager to share what they know as well as answer any questions you may have or help resolve any problems.

Good luck to you on the journey, share pictures of your cooks, and let us know how we can help.

Xendau likes this.
  3. Xendau

Xendau Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

Welcome Jeff! Im fairly new here too... Though I have been grillin and Q'in' for over 2 decades. Theres tons of information, and recipes to try. Im doing something Ive never done before this weekend and making ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) and Pork Shots, along with some ribs and chicken.

So, dig in... explore the forums and like oldsmoker said, find some recipes and everyone here is willing to help...

Binford 6100 likes this.
  4. Welcome to SMF from Indiana! Smoking is addictive. I’ve been at it for a couple of years as much as possible. I’m hooked. I’m sure you will be too. Thanks for joining.

5. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Welcome to the site, and congratulation on the new smoker.

Chris

6. bluewhisper

bluewhisper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the board! Use the Search here to look up your smoker and see how people use them.

7. Smoke23

Smoke23 Smoking Fanatic

Welcome and glad you joined!

8. Hey there Jeff. It’s great to have you here. Smoking can become quite the addiction but in a good way. Enjoy your new toy. We look forward to seeing your successes.

George

9. jbellard

jbellard Smoking Fanatic

Jeff, enjoy it and learn to control those temps and you’ll be just fine. Tons of great info on here.
    Jeffrey

10. kruizer

kruizer Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota