Hello From Central Illinois!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KW_Smoke

Original poster
Aug 21, 2023
Springfield, IL (USA)
Hi All!

Just saying hello from Central Illinois - and a little sad it's 1,000 degrees here. I still have some welding to do on an older OK Joe and I was hoping it would cool off a bit before I had to don the safety gear. That's ok - the end product will be worth it!

I have read quite a few posts before registering, so I thought it was time to start giving back and keep on learning. Projects in-scope for the rest of this year are:

1. Refurbish OK Joe Longhorn that sat outside for 10-12 years, I'm welding a plate to seal up the ash drawer, fix the legs, paint it, and get new grates.
2. Cold smoker (mainly cheese) out of commercial wine fridge
3. Filing cabinet propane smoker (already have the cabinet and burner, just need hoses
4. UDS (already have the barrel, need to make/buy the internals

Reactions: JLeonard
Greetings and welcome to the group from New Mexico.
Looks like you won't have any problem staying busy.

Welcome from Iowa! Could probably cook about anything here without starting a smoker as well!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky