New proofer. And pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I got a proofer for Christmas.
IMG_20230107_124117206_HDR.jpg

Folds down nice and flat to reduce space for storing.

Works great. And plenty of room.
Made3 batches of dough for pizzas tonight. The dough was the best I've had yet. Prepped the pies. And fired up the Ooni.

IMG_20230107_165829308.jpg

Got the Ooni up to 975 degrees. Launched each pizza. Let it go for 60 seconds. Then dropped the temp to low. After 4 minutes it was done. Rotating every 30 seconds. One of the pizzas had a touch of char. But was still excellent.

FINALLY. Something I already have. My toaster oven/air fryer also proofs. Have fun with it Steve. Awesome looking pizza.

Last edited:
That's a great looking pizza . The char is where it's at in my opinion .
Nice work .

I got a proofer for Christmas.
View attachment 653778

Folds down nice and flat to reduce space for storing.

Works great. And plenty of room.
Made3 batches of dough for pizzas tonight. The dough was the best I've had yet. Prepped the pies. And fired up the Ooni.

View attachment 653779

Got the Ooni up to 975 degrees. Launched each pizza. Let it go for 60 seconds. Then dropped the temp to low. After 4 minutes it was done. Rotating every 30 seconds. One of the pizzas had a touch of char. But was still excellent.
Perfection

I had a salad and a cup of pea soup tonight. Seeing this beautiful pie didn’t help my willpower one bit. And now I’m craving pizza.
Yeah I brought a sammich and chips to work today for lunch. Now I've got pizza running through my head. If only I could find a good place that made homemade style pizzas close!

Jim

Reactions: Steve H
Don't know that I make enough dough to justify the proofer but that pizza looks fantastic!! Great job my friend. 3 batches of dough and only 1 pizza? What's up with that? :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Don't know that I make enough dough to justify the proofer but that pizza looks fantastic!! Great job my friend. 3 batches of dough and only 1 pizza? What's up with that? :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks Robert! The others were consumed already by the rest of the family!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky