New Mexico Native Fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinvarmint

Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
New to the forums, and thought I would drop my favorite "Fattie" out there for you all to see.

NM Green Chile Bratwurst and Bacon Fattie.

b81f358e_DSC01180.jpg

c877c5d9_DSC01181.jpg

26aa7c42_DSC01185.jpg
aa8fb324_DSC01187.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

Great looking fattie but you can not get away with no details -- what is in this thing of beauty

We have a local butcher in the area who makes Bratwurst, either in link or bulk, and I buy it in bulk, and mix in our famous new mexico green chile, and a few spices like oregano, and cumin.

I then fill the center with smoked/cooked bacon, to give just a bit more saltiness.

I have to find the pics of the one I did with Chorizo ( a red chile sausage ), Spicy Jimmy Dean sausage , and Elk sausage.  Kind of looked like a target with the alternating layers.

Thanks for the compliments.

My compliments, I always admire folks who make use of NM green and the imagination. Thanks for sharing. It's all good my friend.

icon_cool.gif

Yes that is one great looking fattie. You have some great fillings and the sausage wrapping it all sounds wonderful too. Now you just have to learn how to make your own sausage. It's really easy to and you caa make it taste any way you want it to also.

You are on a role with this qview! keep it coming!  I like the idea of mixinig the chili right into the meat... mmm sounds great!

but what about CHEEEEEESE?
icon_rolleyes.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky