• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New MES 40

pawoodswalker

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 13, 2010
Wife Just called said UPS just put my smoker on the porch. I got the 40 with Stainless door and window/temp probe & light shipped to my door for $225.00, If your on facebook they have a 25% discount code on their page. Can't wait to try it out. I will be leaving this unit on my porch and the winters in pa are cold, I see some people are having problems when its cold out. Will I have to do the hot water thing to get it going. Guess its no big deal I can always use the UDS till it warms up a little outside.

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
Warm water and perhaps a blanket draped over it to keep the cook temps up.  Congrats on the new unit!  Good times ahead!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Congrats on the new smoker, there's a bunch of MES owners on here. Welcome to the club!

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Thats a great price!! Congrats on the new smoker! Now season that thing up and let the qview begain!!!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Wow - that is awesome pricing - congrats. Your next move should be an AMNS for sure  

pawoodswalker

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 13, 2010
Thanks to all, Hope to do some smoking this weekend just going to be simple ABT's Stuffed shrooms and some wings. Dont think it will take the place of my UDS but I can see it being used Alot. The wife may even attempt it. I will be getting  AMNS and a Cover in the near future.

pawoodswalker

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 13, 2010
From Masterbuilt customer service 1-800-489-1581  and code on their Facebook page is 25% off

Last edited:

pineywoods

Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Congrats great deal on a great smoker!!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Don't worry about the cold.

If you have a problem with the cold, you could put hot water in, but I would be calling Masterbuilt.

My MES 40 doesn't care how cold it is out, as it should be!

Bear

billbfoot

Joined Jan 9, 2008
How'd you get it at $225?  Did you mean $325?  25% off their website price of $430 is around $325.  Can you clarify?  $225 is an unprecedented good price for the 40, right?

Wife Just called said UPS just put my smoker on the porch. I got the 40 with Stainless door and window/temp probe & light shipped to my door for $225.00, If your on facebook they have a 25% discount code on their page. Can't wait to try it out. I will be leaving this unit on my porch and the winters in pa are cold, I see some people are having problems when its cold out. Will I have to do the hot water thing to get it going. Guess its no big deal I can always use the UDS till it warms up a little outside.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.