• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

marshajj3233

Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Indianapolis
Hi all,

I am a new member and have been wanting to smoke some ribs and brisket for a long time but never jumped into it.

I found this forum and it really has me excited to try it out.

I am thinking about buying the ECB from lowes to see if this is something I really want to get into.

I live in Indianapolis and winter is just right around the corner so I am not sure if I should wait till spring or jump in head first and learn the hard way during winter.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. Heck go get that smoker and start enjoying the rewards of smoking. Have fun and happy smoking

There are some folks that can't get their truck out the driveway for the snow. But they'll have a path to their smoker!

Welcome to SMF!!!

You made the right move by joining the SMF, plenty of good advise and tips from friendly folks. Don't wait to get into smoking, It'll all come together with some fun along the way. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome aboard!  Go get that smoker and get started there's no need to wait until next year because you'll regret that you waited! lol  

Welcome!!!! As a fellow newbie let me just say you will not find a more giving crew of people with  their knowledge and time. Dig thru as many threads as possible there always something you can learn in each one. Another suggestion take the five day course its a great base of knowledge. Last but not least, go get that smoker and get started and remember as many of your fellow smoke heads say " at least you get to eat your mistakes"
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

WELCOME TO YOUR NEW ADDICTION !!!!!!!!

I live in Minnesota and grill and smoke all winter long. Quit dragging your feet. If you get cold just give your smoker a hug. It will warm you right up! Now go get that smoker, you will not regret it.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Mashajjl to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction    

So I have went through the eCourse and just got home this evening with my new electric ECB.

I am excited for this weekend to break it in. Any thoughts on first smoke? I am looking for a short smoke, I was thinking some chicken breasts or italian sausage.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky