New Member With Questions

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by hutch, Mar 7, 2010.

1. hutch

hutch Newbie

I am in the process of building a clone of a Southern Yankee four foot smoker/cooker. I would like to install a three foot pipe burner. Can anyone give me directions on how to build one? When cooker completed,and before paint should I have the unit sand blasted? The build is completely done with new steel. Your answers would be greatly appreciated.......HUTCH

2. denver dave

denver dave Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't got a clue about your question.[​IMG] However, I bet someone will be along that can give you an answer.

This forum has just about anything you would want to know about smoking and smoking equipment.

3. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well I cant help much with the pipe burner but as to the sandblasting if like most you will do a hot burn and then spray inside with water the steam will do wonders to clean out residues from the build. This is even done with manufactured commercial cookers. If the out side is clean and free of oils that would prevent high heat paint from sticking I would think a good power wash and drying will surfice. Hope this helps.