New Member, We Make Smoking Woods!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smurfsky

Original poster
Mar 20, 2023
Hey Members,

My name is Alec and I'm a longtime lurker/learner on here but just finally created an account.

I manage a company that makes specialty, hard to source cooking woods for smoking. It's really cool to see what people are trying all around the world, and I wanted to be on here to learn directly from you guys and girls what kinds of woods you've always wanted to try.

If there's something rare, exotic, or hard to source that you've been looking for, comment on this thread. We'd love to get some of these woods and see what kinds of creative recipes you can come up with.

Thanks, and looking forward to learning as a part of this group.

Reactions: JLeonard
Greetings from Maryland! I've never seen Lilac for sale but that's what I like to use to cold smoke cheese. I don't need to source it though, since we have the bushes right out back. :-)

Greetings from Maryland! I've never seen Lilac for sale but that's what I like to use to cold smoke cheese. I don't need to source it though, since we have the bushes right out back. :-)
Hey from California! So cool, what’s the flavor like? And are you using chips or chunks of it?

Hey from California! So cool, what’s the flavor like? And are you using chips or chunks of it?
I don't know - it's kind of hard to describe. Goes nice with cheese though. Chips or chunks? Neither! I use the broken branches. I age them six months to a year. Branches about the diameter of your thumb. Break 'em up. It's cold smoke so you don't need much.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky