New member hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Southshore30

Original poster
Jan 9, 2020
Hello everyone. Saying hello to everyone. Been an amateur smoker for a few years now with a pit barrel cooker and just recently purchased a camp chef smoke vault 24. Seasoned it a few days ago and this morning I fired it up at 6am and loaded it with 25lbs of venison trail bologna that I ground and stuffed yesterday. I almost went electric for the low temp ability but I don’t have much faith in the longevity of the electronics so decided to go gas. Smoke vault is holding at 200* and smoking strong but it’s 20* outside and a little breezy. I started them in the oven at 150 to dry out the casings. I’ll post after pics too 510D78A4-FB43-4552-8C6D-12FDFF517F95.jpeg

Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! Is that south shore Lake Tahoe? Too cold for me. RAY
Haha no, it’s Cape Cod Massachusetts. I use southshore30 as username for a lot of the forums and log ins because it’s the model of my boat and it’s easy to remember. It’s probably the coldest day yet this winter

Haha no, it’s Cape Cod Massachusetts. I use southshore30 as username for a lot of the forums and log ins because it’s the model of my boat and it’s easy to remember. It’s probably the coldest day yet this winter
Do you do any charters? I'm not that far away.
Richie

Reactions: Southshore30
All smoked out! It came out pretty good. Ends got a little overcooked on one side of the smoker. I never remember to stuff them shorter so I couldn’t hang them, they laid horizontally on the racks. Tastes delicious. For 10lbs/3 of the logs I mixed in some jalapeño peppers and some high temp cheddar cheese. Those are a little less firm if a texture but tast great anyway. 88979F6C-3B4A-4D98-A144-191978206A3B.jpeg B1002446-E4A4-4D8D-B9CD-17441170B924.jpeg 88979F6C-3B4A-4D98-A144-191978206A3B.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky