New member from Northern MI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CarlaQue

Original poster
Sep 9, 2018
Hi everyone! Glad to have found this forum before we (husband & I) purchased our first smoker... I have found it to be the most well rounded resource on the internet with a nice sense of community and positivity. We are from the metro Detroit area (most of our lives), but moved back to his small hometown in rural, northern tip of the mit Michigan about 7 years ago. Life is very different from the metro area here and we have adapted to being much more self sufficient as well as getting into hunting, fishing and even more cooking from scratch than before (although gourmet cooking is one of my favorite things to do!) I love to try new culinary techniques, however, the smoker was supposed to be a birthday gift for him that he had been wanting.... But guess who uses it more? We bought a 'Smokin-it' electric model #1 at the end of July and have had no complaints, we have probably a few more than a dozen cooks under our belts so far and are starting to experiment with some of the fun stuff we have seen here. Thanks again for being an awesome, welcoming place to learn, share, and gain inspiration and knowledge; I look forward to contributing!

Reactions: SonnyE
Hi Carla, Welcome to
small-logo.png

Lots of shared everything here about smoking and BBQ'ing.
Smokin It is my dream machine.
Looking forward to anything you or the hubby would like to share.

Reactions: CarlaQue
Welcome to SMF your avatar makes me want to know more,what did ya pickle?
Richie
That was a mixed batch from the garden left overs... Jalepenos, habeneros, reapers, anahiems and ghosts. Few realy hot ones mixed with the milder types and lots of garlic!

Hi everyone! Glad to have found this forum before we (husband & I) purchased our first smoker... I have found it to be the most well rounded resource on the internet with a nice sense of community and positivity. We are from the metro Detroit area (most of our lives), but moved back to his small hometown in rural, northern tip of the mit Michigan about 7 years ago. Life is very different from the metro area here and we have adapted to being much more self sufficient as well as getting into hunting, fishing and even more cooking from scratch than before (although gourmet cooking is one of my favorite things to do!) I love to try new culinary techniques, however, the smoker was supposed to be a birthday gift for him that he had been wanting.... But guess who uses it more? We bought a 'Smokin-it' electric model #1 at the end of July and have had no complaints, we have probably a few more than a dozen cooks under our belts so far and are starting to experiment with some of the fun stuff we have seen here. Thanks again for being an awesome, welcoming place to learn, share, and gain inspiration and knowledge; I look forward to contributing!
Welcome

Welcome to the site. If you have any questions about anything you've seen and want to try. All you have to do is ask.

Chris

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you are all set for this seasons Deer Hunting. I like to smoke the neck roasts, they come out great.

Link

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky