New Member from NJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gtmski

Original poster
Dec 18, 2019
Westfield, NJ
Hello,
I am a new member to this forum. I wanted to join as I learned a lot from the discussions available to non members.

I am starting small, just smoking on a Weber Kettle Grill - it is just my wife and I so I don't need a lot of capacity right now.
I would , however, like to step up to a WSM...but that is for later.

I look forward to learning and sharing

Welcome from NW PA. I grew up in Piscataway, NJ, Exit 9 on the Turnpike...JJ

Reactions: gtmski
Welcome to the forum. It’s great to have you with us. A Weber kettle is a great way to get going. In fact I’m only days away from being able to open the box on my own shiny new copper kettle. I plan on using mine to smoke lots of things too. I look forward to seeing the delicious evidence of your successes in the near future.

G

Hello,
I am a new member to this forum. I wanted to join as I learned a lot from the discussions available to non members.

I am starting small, just smoking on a Weber Kettle Grill - it is just my wife and I so I don't need a lot of capacity right now.
I would , however, like to step up to a WSM...but that is for later.

I look forward to learning and sharing

G Welcome to SMF from Ma.
I lived in Lyndhurst for 35 years before moving here in Feb. 2019
I have a 18.5" & 22.5" the kettle is a work horse it can do everything.
Here is a simple mod that makes the kettle greater,if your not handy you must know someone who is.Promise them some great smoked meal.
Here is the first cook I did after making the mod.
Have fun enjoy the site
Richie

G Welcome to SMF from Ma.
I lived in Lyndhurst for 35 years before moving here in Feb. 2019
I have a 18.5" & 22.5" the kettle is a work horse it can do everything.
Here is a simple mod that makes the kettle greater,if your not handy you must know someone who is.Promise them some great smoked meal.
Here is the first cook I did after making the mod.
Have fun enjoy the site
Richie
Thanks for the information! I currently use charcoal baskets for indirect cooking, but this looks like it will allow much higher charcoal capacity, and better offset heat. I will definitely give it a try!

I am also going to try the prime rib recipel

Glenn

Welcome Glenn!!!
Glad to have another Neighbor Join us.
You probably already found my Prime Rib Step by Steps in my Index.
If you lose it, you can always find it at the bottom of all of my posts.
I use an electric smoker, but most things are the same, or close enough (Time, Temp, etc.)

Bear

Welcome Glenn!!!
Glad to have another Neighbor Join us.
You probably already found my Prime Rib Step by Steps in my Index.
If you lose it, you can always find it at the bottom of all of my posts.
I use an electric smoker, but most things are the same, or close enough (Time, Temp, etc.)

Bear
Thanks! I already found the step by step. (that is actually how i found the prime rib post!)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky