• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New member from Missouri

Joined Sep 24, 2020
Hello there, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm not new to Smoking or Curing Meat. I come from a long German Family history of Meat Preservation. My Great Grandpa came from Hannover, Germany. His recipes have been handed down through the Generations. I recall helping my Grandpa, Uncles, and Dad make Head Cheese, Blood Sausage, Liver Sausage, Bratwurst (Fresh and Smoked), and Smoked Sausages, Bacon, Hams, and Tenderloin as a young guy.

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Welcome glad to have you on board. Lot of sausage makers on here to share info with.

Warren

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Welcome from Iowa! Looking forward to see some of your posts

Ryan

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
Welcome from Wisconsin.

A lot of German heritage here in Wisconsin. Would love to see some of your recipes.

I have just gotten into sausage making hard and heavy and am always looking for that perfect bratwurst....

A Nuremberg style is the closest I have gotten so far.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Looks like you have a lot of info to pass on!
Looking forward to seeing some of your work!
Al

Joined Sep 24, 2020
Welcome. My roots trace back to Hanover as well.
Not very often do I run across someone else who has ancestry from Hannover. I believe that when my Great Grandpa was born Hannover was still considered as Prussia.

Joined Sep 24, 2020
Welcome to SMF!
Looks like you have a lot of info to pass on!
Looking forward to seeing some of your work!
Al
I have some knowledge, but in the Craft of Charcuterie there's always something to learn as well. I'm not a Professional by no means, but my family and friends seem to like the Sausages and Meats that I Smoke.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Welcome from central NY! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your cooks.

Joined Sep 24, 2020
Welcome from Wisconsin.

A lot of German heritage here in Wisconsin. Would love to see some of your recipes.

I have just gotten into sausage making hard and heavy and am always looking for that perfect bratwurst....

A Nuremberg style is the closest I have gotten so far.

JC :emoji_cat:
The odd thing is that here in the US we have one idea of how a Bratwurst should taste. In Germany there's around 1500 different types of Sausages, including Regional Sausages (which is where the most tasty sausages are in my opinion). The Nuremberg is one of Germany's Kings of Bratwurst, and a Regional Sausage.

Joined Sep 24, 2020
I will be getting ready to make some Deer Summer Sausage Soon. I'll be posting on it when I do. Iowa, my neighboring State to the North. I go to Hannibal, MO every couple of months. About 75 miles from the Iowa Border.

Joined Sep 24, 2020
Welcome glad to have you on board. Lot of sausage makers on here to share info with.

Warren
I'm glad to hear that there's a lot of Sausage makers. I make a few pounds per month, but I also spend time with Smoking Salmon, Brisket, Ribs, Pork Chops and other Choice Cuts of Beef and Pork.

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
MoonshinerMike Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

Warren

Joined Sep 24, 2020
No problem. I appreciate it when someone gives me a friendly welcome and good information about other Sausage Makers. I'm working on a Recipe that was my Great Grandfather's that I'm having translated from German to English. It's a Regional Sausage Recipe from Hannover.

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Scroll down home page and will find all the listings of the different post and sausage being one of them.

Warren

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.