New member from Missouri

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MoonshinerMike

Original poster
Sep 24, 2020
Missouri
Hello there, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm not new to Smoking or Curing Meat. I come from a long German Family history of Meat Preservation. My Great Grandpa came from Hannover, Germany. His recipes have been handed down through the Generations. I recall helping my Grandpa, Uncles, and Dad make Head Cheese, Blood Sausage, Liver Sausage, Bratwurst (Fresh and Smoked), and Smoked Sausages, Bacon, Hams, and Tenderloin as a young guy.

Welcome from Iowa! Looking forward to see some of your posts

Ryan

Welcome from Wisconsin.

A lot of German heritage here in Wisconsin. Would love to see some of your recipes.

I have just gotten into sausage making hard and heavy and am always looking for that perfect bratwurst....

A Nuremberg style is the closest I have gotten so far.

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: MoonshinerMike
Welcome to SMF!
Looks like you have a lot of info to pass on!
Looking forward to seeing some of your work!
Al
I have some knowledge, but in the Craft of Charcuterie there's always something to learn as well. I'm not a Professional by no means, but my family and friends seem to like the Sausages and Meats that I Smoke.

Welcome from Wisconsin.

A lot of German heritage here in Wisconsin. Would love to see some of your recipes.

I have just gotten into sausage making hard and heavy and am always looking for that perfect bratwurst....

A Nuremberg style is the closest I have gotten so far.

JC :emoji_cat:
The odd thing is that here in the US we have one idea of how a Bratwurst should taste. In Germany there's around 1500 different types of Sausages, including Regional Sausages (which is where the most tasty sausages are in my opinion). The Nuremberg is one of Germany's Kings of Bratwurst, and a Regional Sausage.

I will be getting ready to make some Deer Summer Sausage Soon. I'll be posting on it when I do. Iowa, my neighboring State to the North. I go to Hannibal, MO every couple of months. About 75 miles from the Iowa Border.

Welcome glad to have you on board. Lot of sausage makers on here to share info with.

Warren
I'm glad to hear that there's a lot of Sausage makers. I make a few pounds per month, but I also spend time with Smoking Salmon, Brisket, Ribs, Pork Chops and other Choice Cuts of Beef and Pork.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
No problem. I appreciate it when someone gives me a friendly welcome and good information about other Sausage Makers. I'm working on a Recipe that was my Great Grandfather's that I'm having translated from German to English. It's a Regional Sausage Recipe from Hannover.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky