New member from Lititz, PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jakester

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 25, 2016
Hi boys and girls!

My name is Jake from Lititz, PA USA. I recently invested in a 40" Masterbuilt smoker and so far I have smoked a whole Turkey Breast and 2 racks of Baby Back Ribs. I have always enjoyed playing with meat and grilling meat but this is my first smoker and so far i am loving it. My first time smoking ribs i used Bad Byron's Butt Rub and did the 2-2-1 method but i think next time i should do 3-2-1 method and I would like to find more rubs that i can use. I am interested in non spicy and non sweet rubs. Fell free to share any good rubs that might fit my category.

Happy smoking,

Jake 

Welcome to the board! You can make your own rubs tailored to whatever meat you're smoking. Consider elements like onion, garlic, cumin, sage or rosemary and maybe a small amount of black pepper. For some projects you might want to get into ... well, spices ... like coriander or cardamom. Also consider some kind of mild pepper powder like a sweet paprika, which would add a lot of color. You might still want a tiny bit of sugar.

Reactions: jakester

Hi boys and girls!

My name is Jake from Lititz, PA USA. I recently invested in a 40" Masterbuilt smoker and so far I have smoked a whole Turkey Breast and 2 racks of Baby Back Ribs. I have always enjoyed playing with meat and grilling meat but this is my first smoker and so far i am loving it. My first time smoking ribs i used Bad Byron's Butt Rub and did the 2-2-1 method but i think next time i should do 3-2-1 method and I would like to find more rubs that i can use. I am interested in non spicy and non sweet rubs. Fell free to share any good rubs that might fit my category.

Happy smoking,

Jake 
Welcome Jake!!  
welcome1.gif

Lititz used to be a good High School Wrestling area.

Probably still is.

Here's some How To Step by Steps, all done in a Masterbuilt---Might be of some help to you:

Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

Last edited:
Welcome...Spent 9 years in and around Lancaster County. Great place to live. When I moved there Rt 30 east of Lititz Pike was 1 lane in each direction, Rockvale Outlet consisted of 10 Stores and Tanger was a Corn Field!...JJ

Thanks Bear! I'm not much into Wrestling so I wouldn't be able to tell you that but we sure do get a lot of tourist. It's a nice little town. 

Thanks Jimmy! That must have been years and years ago. I'm from Seattle originally, moved to Lancaster county in 2004 and it was pretty much the same as it is today. 

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a warm day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky