New member from Atlantic Canada

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pawfection

Original poster
May 1, 2023
Hey folks, I'd like to introduce myself. While I am a BBQ & smoker lover, and I do welcome recipes and tips alike; the real knowledge I'm seeking is guidance on simplifying meat prep. I've created a dog and cat treat/food business. I figure with all your great experience combined, some may have tips to reduce processing time.
I currently use a meat slicer for dehydrated treats. Ground jerky sounds like less manual work, and faster. Any experience with ground vs sliced?

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome! Here is an idea for making larger batches of ground jerky that I had not seen before this thread.
Instead of rows from a jerky cannon etc, one big flat jerky piece, then cut when dried.

Reactions: pawfection
Welcome! Here is an idea for making larger batches of ground jerky that I had not seen before this thread.
Instead of rows from a jerky cannon etc, one big flat jerky piece, then cut when dried.
There's an idea! Makes me think how to further that method. Instead of two flat boards to patty the ground meat, perhaps I can find a board with spaced out protruding lines to split the meat into strips before dehydration. I hope my explanation makes sense. :emoji_sweat_smile:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky