New member for Columbia, MD

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mortisdraco

Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Columba, MD
Thought I'd finally jump in and say hello to everyone.  I've been grilling for many years, smoking for about three, lurking around here for about two and finally made an account a couple of months ago.

I've got a 22" Weber One Touch Grill and a Brinkmann Vertical Charcoal Smoker that I've done a handful of mods to since I got it about 6 months ago.  Before that I did all of my smoking in the Weber.

Most of my smoking has been ribs, pork butt and salmon, but this weekend I was going to finally give a brisket a try.  I hit three different stores and nobody had them in stock today, so I ended up going to the local BJ's tonight and grabbing an 8 lbs. brisket, but it says it's a "beef brisket flat."  Is it safe to assume it's just the flat and the point has already been taken off?  I was hoping to get one with the point so I could make burnt ends too, but i guess that will have to wait for another day.  Here are some pics of the piece of meat so hopefully someone can verify that it's just the flat.

thanks,

Brad

Oh yeah, and here are a rack and leg of lamb I picked up while I was there that I'm going to try smoking tomorrow night.  I figured what the heck, might as well try a few new things this weekend!

Howdy and welcome to SMF!!!

The flat is exactly what yopu thought. The point has been removed.

The flat you have looks like it has a good fat cap and should be fine .

As the soup nazi would say, No Burnt Ends For You!!!

Still should be some fine eating in your neighborhood soon.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to SMF. Have family in Odenton. 

Welcome.  I don't know if I am north, south, east or west of you since we live in the same town:-}}  We've moved here 41 years ago and think it is a great place to live. 

BTW -- Safeway has their Scottish farm raised on sale for $6.99 this week (till Tuesday).  I just got done smoking about four pounds and had some for dinner last night.  They also had mixed pork chops at $1.49 and we got a package of them and I smoked two of them at the same time.  They will be tomorrow's dinner.

Hi Brad, Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky