New member.....can I get lots of smoke???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aclinml

Original poster
Mar 28, 2015
hi, new member here. I am getting my first real smoker for my birthday in a couple of weeks, a Masterbuilt 30 inch electric smoker.....

Now, I have done a little backyard smoking on a charcoal grill for years. Although all I have done is burgers, chicken thighs, steaks, and pork tenderloins. I am getting older, and lazier and getting a charcoal grill ready in the winter or hot summer just doesn't sound like fun. So I can't wait to try out an electric smoker with a meat thermometer that sends me the current temp to my receiver while I'm sitting on my easy chair drinking a cold one. It sounds like the perfect way to outdoor cook.

I do have one question......when I smoke burgers, they are usually 1/3 lbs. and I smoke them with hickory for about 45 minutes. When I do this, I use LOTS of hickory. Enough for a THICK bellow of smoke to come out of the vent. To me, there is a huge difference in taste between some smoke or LOTS of smoke.

Will an electric smoked burger have a huge smokey flavor. What's the best way to get the most smoke in a burger?

Thanks everyone,
Mike in Little Rock

P.S. Ribs and Butts to be maidenhead in May!

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a nice sunny and warm day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky