New member and new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gabe4321

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 7, 2021
Hello all, just joined up a few days ago. Learned alot already and plan on smoking a butt this week on a Char griller pro series 30. I had bought one for direct heat grilling quite a few years ago. Have tried smoking some spare ribs a few times and didnt turn out all that good. Did some reading here and learned what I was doing wrong. Also have a 18 inch weber kettle that is used for grilling hamburgers, chicken, hot dogs and brats. My wife bought me a weber 22 inch limited edition red in color. Just found out about smoking on it thru this website. LOL. If I remember Ill try to take some pics and post them of the butt later this week.

Reactions: kruizer
Welcome to the site, they host pictures here so they are easy to add. Lot of great folks here with lots of experience on any type of food prep

Reactions: Gabe4321
Welcome from the Pacific NW. You are in for one heck of a foodie ride around here as you are already finding out. The photography and editing skills are also a bonus. Cant wait to see yours.

Reactions: Gabe4321
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky