New LSG arrived !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaxgatorz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville,Fl
24 weeks waiting and today it showed up..The crates they build are very well done but the trucking company still managed some damage..The bent the top screw 90 degrees, which also bent chimney plate..scraped up the pull handle a a few spots of paint on the top.. Getting the screw fixed would require sending it back and that was the last thing I wanted to do. So i straightened out the screw the best I could and Chris at LSG is sending me all the rest to replace..Took a while to get out of the crate. Haven't put on the ball valves yet..I can't even get it into my garage yet. It's too heavy for me to pull it over the lip of the garage..Here is a few pictures...
20210208_125846.jpg

20210208_125846.jpg
20210208_131927.jpg

20210208_131957.jpg
I may have bitten off a little more than I can chew 🤣🤣

Wow, what a beauty Mike! You'll have a ton of fun getting to know that baby, look forward to seeing your cooks! RAY

Reactions: jaxgatorz
NICE! I was lucky and it arrived without any damage. Finish the assembly and burn it in.
I did a few dry runs before I cooked to learn how it would act and what I had to do. Have fun, the wait is over.

NICE! I was lucky and it arrived without any damage. Finish the assembly and burn it in.
I did a few dry runs before I cooked to learn how it would act and what I had to do. Have fun, the wait is over.
The only functional damage was the chrome chimney plate..Chris sending me that and a new pull bar which just scraped up..I was able to straighten the top screw and it should work...Not sure when I will be able to season it and cook on it..Since the order , I have moved across town to care for my mom and I have no way to get it there..And even if I did , her driveway is almost a 45 degree angle 🤣🤣

Bummer you can't use it yet. Trying to level it out to cook would be a challenge and dangerous!
But it will be there shinny and new for when you can.

Nothing like adding to the arsenal! I'm glad they are trying to make it right. I have heard nothing but good things about LSG.

That is awesome! Congrats. Can't wait to see what you turn out on it. Sorry you won't be using just yet.
At least you have it in hand though.

Wow!! That is one nice looking cooker!! Congrats and I can't wait to see it in action.

I may have bitten off a little more than I can chew

I know the feeling!! Had the same experience when I got my Santa Maria grill. Put it together in the driveway then realized the thing weighs about 1,000 pounds fully assembled. OOPS!! I'm a one-man show so it took a lot of creativity, bruises, and blood but I managed to get it through the garage, up the step into the house, through the house, and down the step onto the patio. I was totally worn out, bruised, and bleeding from several places by the time I got done. As long as I'm alive, that thing is NEVER leaving the patio....at least not if I have anything to do with moving it.

Congrats again!!
Robert

That is a thing of Beauty! I first saw one a few years ago, instant lust. I showed it to my Wife. She looked at me like I was nuts..." You don't Cater anymore, why the heck do you need that much smoker to do ONE BUTT or two racks of ribs!?! "
I hate it when she's Right.😠😆 Best of luck with that sweet rig...JJ

That is a thing of Beauty! I first saw one a few years ago, instant lust. I showed it to my Wife. She looked at me like I was nuts..." You don't Cater anymore, why the heck do you need that much smoker to do ONE BUTT or two racks of ribs!?! "
LOL! My wife is the same way. And I'm like.."But baby, look how pretty!"
Jim

Same. Yet somehow another pair of sandals or another pair of sneakers always gets added to the closet... I'm going to win one day.

That's why I am happily divorced :emoji_relaxed:

I bought what I wanted.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky