New living in Hawai'i but from Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawaiismoke

Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Oahu
Hello everyone in the smoking world. My name is Josh and I'm currently stationed in MCBH in Hawai'i. I'm originally from Florida and almost every weekend I'm on the bbq and at least once a month smoking something sometimes over night or all day. I currently have a cheap char-broil offset smoker. It's a challenge to smoke anything but I love it. I recently decided to move up in the world and currently trying to get a Pit Boss Kamado K22. I've been smoking the prehistoric way but have really been doing research and it has opened a whole new world to me that I'm all about . My favorite smokes are ribs, brisket and fish. I do a lot of spearfishing so I like smoking or grilling the fish. Well that's why I'm here to learn and ask questions. Thank you for allowing me to join and Aloha.

Welcome to the board! Sounds like you're having fun already.

Please give a quick description of what spearfishing is like. Not much of that happening in the cold muddy waters of Ohio. There is some bowfishing, though.

Reactions: Hawaiismoke
Welcome to the board! Sounds like you're having fun already.

Please give a quick description of what spearfishing is like. Not much of that happening in the cold muddy waters of Ohio. There is some bowfishing, though.
It's like snorkeling with a gun. It's all about holding your breath and learning how to lure the fish to you to shoot them. It's a great time. One of my favorite hobbies. If you ever get a chance to come to Hawaii, you should definitely give it a try.

Attachments

• 20170429_134200.jpg
    20170429_134200.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 22
Welcome. How is your guys exchange over there? I heard the marine exchange sells guns and ammo is that true? I’m in he Coast guard stationed on a cutter out of Honolulu and originally from Ohio so these ammo prices around here still shock me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky