New " Jersey " group

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
New member here in Essex County. Got an 18 and 22 WSM that are my workhorses. Looking forward to chatting with others in New Jersey about good BBQ and smoke. few pics of my work
397B3A7E-C815-4756-8471-1058E6827645.jpeg

48886723-8FD7-4E4B-9F6F-CE8ECA130051.jpeg

New member here in Essex County. Got an 18 and 22 WSM that are my workhorses. Looking forward to chatting with others in New Jersey about good BBQ and smoke. few pics of my workView attachment 439811hey
I here in Jackson nj . Since no one can come over because of the virus I have slowed down on my smoking there is only 3 of us and the weather is windy an cold.

But ... I’m ready for better days and my
Arsenal is all cleaned up ready to go...
I would like to chat about our passion.
Thank You
Joel AKA Lemans OTBS# 263
490D666C-AFAD-406D-840C-0D21D7E724B6.jpeg

Reactions: MJB05615
This quarantine made me bring out my 5 year old frame for a gravity feed cabinet I started. Another week and a tank of argon/CO2 and it will be ready for paint

Attachments

• C26036DB-9018-4CA1-A1AB-7A2B1E57F5FE.jpeg
    C26036DB-9018-4CA1-A1AB-7A2B1E57F5FE.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 5EB85272-0C0E-4B59-9B5A-3F517A6876C1.jpeg
    5EB85272-0C0E-4B59-9B5A-3F517A6876C1.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 8E7F80BF-C0D9-4EC6-BE10-702E793F57A1.jpeg
    8E7F80BF-C0D9-4EC6-BE10-702E793F57A1.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 19
just came across this Jersey section. Originally from Newark. Now at the Jersey shore Lacey Twp. Only been smoking for about 4-5 months. Nice to see fellow Jersey smokers here. Curious when people ask you where your from how many just say Jersey. I was asked one time when I said that, but isn't that New Jersey, I said yeah Jersey the look was priceless sorry I confused the hell out of him.

New Member here in Camden County - just off Exit 3 of the Turnpike. I am cooking on a Pitts & Spitts Maverick 2000 pellet cooker; a Traeger Timberline 1300 pellet cooker, a Slow n Sear kettle grill; and a Blackstone Griddle.

Last edited:
I just joined the forum, and found this group. Hi, Everyone! I've been dabbling in the art for about 5 years, using a WSM Cooker.

I'm in Morris County. Any recommendations for nearby butcher shops? I've mostly been using Costco, though I did get into Restaurant Depot once when they opened to the public for awhile early last year. I've been trying to find beef ribs, without much success.

I just joined the forum, and found this group. Hi, Everyone! I've been dabbling in the art for about 5 years, using a WSM Cooker.

I'm in Morris County. Any recommendations for nearby butcher shops? I've mostly been using Costco, though I did get into Restaurant Depot once when they opened to the public for awhile early last year. I've been trying to find beef ribs, without much success.
There are a couple of places in the Edison area, that I like. A tad pricy, so I go there only when I'm "putting on a show" Otherwise, I go to a local Hispanic grocer near me - damn good cuts at Great prices ( .49/Lb chicken quarters / $11.00 (ish) for a 10.5lb bone-in pork shoulder)

If you want more info, LMK, and I'll give up my sources

There are a couple of places in the Edison area, that I like. A tad pricy, so I go there only when I'm "putting on a show" Otherwise, I go to a local Hispanic grocer near me - damn good cuts at Great prices ( .49/Lb chicken quarters / $11.00 (ish) for a 10.5lb bone-in pork shoulder)

If you want more info, LMK, and I'll give up my sources

Sure! Always happy to have some new sources to go to. I'm planning to check out the PEMA market in Dover, and perhaps another Hispanic grocer or two in that area when I make the trip. Maybe a trip to the Chester Meat Market sometime as well, but that is far enough away I could only get there on a weekend.

I'd love to find a local source for uncured ham, as well as the beef ribs I mentioned above.

Hi Everyone!

Very Busy week here in South Jersey for Me and my Pitts and Spitts Maverick 2000 Pellet smoker!

Tuesday:
I am making 24-Cupcake Chicken from de-boned chicken thighs.

Friday:
Low and Slow Smoking 7-slabs of Pork Belly (Bacon) over apple wood after 20 days of dry curing.

Sunday:
Smoking 3-racks of Beef Back Ribs for a friend, seasoned with SuckleBusters Texas 1836 Beef rub.

Monday: (Labor Day)
Smoking 3-pork butts low and slow for pulled pork

Reactions: Alsta
There is Sonny's market on 514 in Edison - Good stuff, family run place

For my local place, Its Tropical Supermarket in Perth Amboy. Meat counter is in the back, They have their own cutters there as well, so you could possibly get some custom size cuts

Reactions: Smoke-Chem BBQ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky