New " Jersey " group

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi all....thanks for the invite to the "NJ Group".  Look forward to many conversations and info exchanges.  Relatively new to the smoking world, picked up a pellet grill to go along with my Weber gasser.  So far I have done ribs, bacon, candied bacon, brisket flat and sausage on the smoker.  Definitely improving the aroma of the Branchburg air these days, and neighbors seem to come around a lot more recently.

Joe

Hey welcome
I'm in jackson. If you are ever around during the weekends look me up.. you can tell my house by the smell of the smoker..

Hey gang,

My name is Dan and I live in Cherry Hill. Been smoking for almost two years now and the family just loves it. I have an offset smoker that burns charcoal and wood. Hope to get some Jersey conversations going.

Cheers,

Dan

Hey Dan
I live in Jackson and have been smoking about 5 yrs. I have like 5 different smokers. Two 22WSM one offsets and a bunch of Kettles. Brisket, Pulled Pork, Ribs are my goto meats.
If your are ever in my neighborhood come look me up. I always have a cold one waiting for a forum member..

Hey Lemans,

I grew up in Toms River in the 80's and spent MANY a day at Great Adventure. Haven't been to Jackson in a spell but like your earlier post said "I should be able to tell your house by the smell of the smoker".

I see you have quite a few units. Do you compete?

Now that there is a group of people from NJ, has or is there a plan to meet a few clusters of people scattered around the area. Ive been up and down County Line road for over 40 years so I guess we know I'm on the ocean/Monmouth border.

I have made 4 smokers. A 275 oil tank reverse flow on a custom trailer, an 80 gallon horizontal compressor tank reverse flow, a stumps clone XL gravity feed and a wine barrel cold smoker for cheese. Starting another build this fall.

I threw it out there a while back but there was no responses. Thought we could all meet up some where to cook, eat, laugh, get to know and meet other members.

Hi all. I just found the forum a few days ago because I had/have some questions on drying green wood chips. I put up a post over here http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/268116/green-wood-chips 

I am a novice smoker. My wife bought me an electric Brinkman used at a garage sale last year. It was only used once when she bought it. The guy didn't like it. I've used it for trout smoked in cherry wood a few times. Can't remember what else I've tried. 

I live in Bloomingdale, Passaic County and work in Paterson. Drive the 23 and 80 route every day.

I like to garden, keep tropical fish, grow aquatic plants in aquariums: aquascaping. I'm a member of the New Jersey Aquatic Gardener's Club. http://www.njagc.net/wp/ 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky