New home for the smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scottma

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 26, 2015
Massachusetts
I started this project a few weeks back working mostly after work and weekends.  I wanted a better place to smoke and hang out out of the rain. Took about 3 weeks total.  

First pic is where the smoker was. 

Heres my rough sketch I did sitting at work.

Then came the build.  I started with a deck platform. 

Then the wall/roof structure.  Used all pressure treated 2x4/4x4's

Next was the roof.  I decided on galvanized corrugated metal sheets

Now comes the walls

Up next was the bar front.  I also added more corrugated to the front and sides

Then it was time to figure out the bar tops.  I decided to buy an 8ft butcher block countertop.  To protect it from the elements I slowly added 5 coats of Marine spar varnish.  Waited 24hrs between coats. 1st pic is 1 coat next is 4 coats.  It feels like glass and water does not penetrate at all.

Finally I installed the counters and added some nautical theming.  Bought a stainless steel prep table and added a small TV we had sitting in the basement. 

It was a fun project and its a much better place for the smoker.  Thanks for looking.  

Scott

That's awesome!! Where do I place the order for mine?? Just kidding.. Awesome job on the build that will be a great place to hang out!! Thanks for sharing! Good smokes.. POINTS [emoji]128170[/emoji]

sweet job  now thats a sweet spot to cook up some Q in 
icon14.gif

sweet job  now thats a sweet spot to cook up some Q in 
icon14.gif
That's awesome!! Where do I place the order for mine?? Just kidding.. Awesome job on the build that will be a great place to hang out!! Thanks for sharing! Good smokes.. POINTS [emoji]128170[/emoji]
Thanks guys.  It really is a nice place to hang while cooking some food. 

Neighbor doesn't mind all the runoff from your roof dumping into his yard?
Theres a drip edge on the back and all water runs to the left into my yard.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky