New here....pellet tray opinion.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Robert H

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 29, 2017
Hello
Greetings from Windsor Ontario.I recieved my 5x8 pellet tray yesterday and took it for a trial burn.
Filled it with some traeger pellets I had, lit it at 8pm and it burned right through the night producing lots of smoke in my fridge smoker.In fact, it still had a couple of glowing pellets at 9am when I checked it this morning.Gonna be a great improvement over the paint can generator I made.
Will be smoking some back bacon and belly bacon soon.

Thanks for the report on your thoughts about the AMNPS. I also thought it did a great job when I first used it a couple of weeks ago.

Good Luck.

Hello
Greetings from Windsor Ontario.I recieved my 5x8 pellet tray yesterday and took it for a trial burn.
Filled it with some traeger pellets I had, lit it at 8pm and it burned right through the night producing lots of smoke in my fridge smoker.In fact, it still had a couple of glowing pellets at 9am when I checked it this morning.Gonna be a great improvement over the paint can generator I made.
Will be smoking some back bacon and belly bacon soon.

Hi there and welcome!

I'm glad it is working for you.
For continued great performance, pack the pellets into the rows without going over the edge... just good and packed.
Also if you microwave pellets for 1 min, mix and let set for 2 min, and then microwave for another 1 min then you can basically ensure the pellets have little to no undetectable humidity or moister in them. They burn much more reliably this way if airflow is not an issue.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the replies.
I have some more pellets coming and will try that out.I have a westinghouse fridge converted with a turkey fryer burner mounted in the bottom for heat.I have been just laying pellets on the heat shield to make smoke but it cooks faster that way.I built a homemade smoke daddy but performance was sketchy.Love this maze....

I was a little worried the love for the AMN stuff here was overselling but it's not. It's legit. Total game changer for me. Enjoy!

I could not be happier with mine.I have been using Pit Boss comp blend and they have been working very well.Nice smoke on my bacon and back bacon.I also tried on my bbq to smoke some beef ribs and worked great there also.

I just bought one filled with Applewood pellets.. used it 11 hours for my cold smoke belly bacon. Worked without a hitch.

I prefer to use wood chunks for most all my smoking. Cold smoking however is a breeze with the pellet maze .

Welcome to SMF and be safe!

Thanks. I have used it for cold smoking mainly but have also used it in a hot smoke.It does burn the pellets faster though.I park the tray right next to the fresh air vent on the side of my fridge smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky