New Guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

northfork

Original poster
Jan 15, 2014
Clarkston, WA
Hello all, I am not a complete greenhorn but pretty close. I have been smoking fish, jerky, snack sticks and cheese for years on a Little Chief. I built a cedar smoke house a couple of years ago, it is on a concrete block base and I have two LP burners in the base. I also use a single hot plate for cold smoking, I can hold temps from ambient plus 5° F up to 300+(although, over 250° gets a bit spooky). I started making sausages, hams and bacon when I built the smoke house and am learning fast. I am happy to be a member of this great site and look forward to learning from all of the knowledgeable members as well as contributing when I can. I will soon be starting a RF build from a 120 gal compressor tank, I haven't decided whether to trailer mount or just put it on wheels. I'll be looking for advice on the entire project when I get started.

I was born and raised in Clarkston, WA/Lewiston, ID and have the great fortune to have access to Hell's Canyon, fantastic fishing, hunting and all outdoor activities (I am a dedicated outdoor enthusiast). I worked in the woods (falling timber) for several years and then spent 30+ years in commercial HVAC design. estimation and management as well as operating my own Outfitting business (fishing and tours on the Snake and Clearwater rivers) with my wife (Judy) for the past 15 yrs. We sold our business last year and retired. I have a grown son and daughter, 4 grandchildren and one great granddaughter--Life is Good!!

Thanks to all for the great forum

Pat

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the group Pat!  You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of good people here who know their stuff and genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input around here, and just ask when you need anything...someone will surely have the answer.  And good luck with your RF build project...looking forward to watching that build.

Red

Thanks for the welcome, I spent some time browsing through the site and am very impressed with the info and knowledge shared here as well as the always helpful responses of the members.

Thanks again

Pat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky